The Tebughna Foundation is seeking interested and qualified candidates to serve on the foundation’s Board of Directors. If you meet the below requirements and are interested in serving as a Board of Director please review the Board Member Job Description Below and contact Vide Kroto at (907) 646-3115 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the below address.
1689 C Street, Suite 106
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Board Member Job Description
Tebughna Foundation Nonprofit Member of the Board of Directors
To preserve and perpetuate the Tebughna Dena’ina traditions for the benefit of Tyonek shareholders and the Native Village of Tyonek by funding cultural enhancements and educational opportunities.
The Board will support the work of the Tebughna Foundation and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the executive director (E.D.), the Board-E. relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the E.D. as s/he develops and implements Tebughna Foundations strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by the Tebughna Foundation for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving the Tebughna Foundation’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the E.D.
- Assisting the E.D. and board president in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the E.D. and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing the Tebughna Foundation to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring the Tebughna Foundation commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities it serves
Tebughna Foundation Board Members will consider the Tebughna Foundation a charitable priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that the Tebughna Foundation can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, the Tebughna Foundation expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is appropriate with their capacity.
The Tebughna Foundation Board Members will serve a five-year term or per by-laws statement of terms to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term after a one-year sabbatical. Board meetings will be called quarterly with one annual meeting. Committee meetings will be held in coordination with the committee members.
- This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the Tebughna Foundation mission and who has a track record of leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector or his/her community.
- Professional experience with significant leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to and understanding of the Tebughna Foundation beneficiaries, preferably based on experience.
- Understanding of diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of the Tebughna Foundation beneficiaries.
- Service on the Tebughna Foundation Board of Directors is without recompense, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties